As we plan to slowly invite the public back at a limited capacity, the health and safety of our staff and guests is our priority. Below is a list of the procedures we’ve implemented and guidelines we ask guests to respect and abide by. We all miss live shows. Let’s work together to bring the experience back safely.
- All guests must wear masks to enter the venue. If a guest does not have a mask, one will be provided at no cost upon entry. We also have Turner, Pabst, Riverside and Back Room branded masks for sale.
- All guests are subject to a touchless forehead temperature check prior to entering the building. A guest and the party they are with will not be admitted if an elevated temperature (100°F or above) is detected.
- Groups of up to 4 people will be seated 6 feet apart to comply with social distancing guidelines.
- There will be plexi-glass barriers at all open bars to protect staff and guests.
- Each night our venue will be professionally cleaned and sanitized. We will keep all common areas clean and sanitized throughout the show as well. We have ample sanitizer throughout the venue for your convenience.
- For each event at our venues there will be a sanitation captain who will be on duty to oversee sanitation practices, enforce health guidelines and answer questions from guests.
- Bathroom sinks, toilets and towel dispensers will be able to be operated without touching.
- While waiting for a beverage or the restroom, please follow the appropriate social distancing guidelines and other rules set in place to protect staff and guests. Please also abide by these distancing guidelines during the show and stay seated/standing in the designated area you’re sharing with your party of up to 4 people.
- Touchless purchase transactions are available.
- If you were exposed to COVID-19 recently, or have symptoms of COVID-19 (including fever, cough, or shortness of breath), please help keep everyone safe by joining us another time or using our streaming options when available.
- Every staff member has received proper training on the required practices and procedures that keep the environment safe for an event.
- All staff will receive a strict, pre-shift health check, requiring them to fill out a health questionnaire and have their temperature taken.
- Any staff member who feels sick is required to stay home and not return to work unless symptom-free for 3 days without medication.
- All staff members are required to wear masks and gloves.
Please note that procedures and expectations are subject to change based on guidance from the city and state health departments. If you have any questions about safety procedures, please ask for a manager, email email@example.com or call the box office at 414-286-3205.